Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Clueless Drivers I (I just know there are going to be more rants about drivers...)

So I started walking again, trying to improve my health.  (I need to lose a few pounds and I'm not really interested in dieting!)  I walk a 2+ mile route on rural roads.  About half of it is nearly free of traffic, but part of it is on a narrow road where I have to walk just a hair off the fog line with cars passing every minue or two.

Me, I'm walking facing traffic like I was taught.  Hey, if somebody is going to hit me, they are going to have to work at it!  I'm not going to make it easy for them as I'm watching their every move!

I'm amazed at how many people pass me and give me little room.  It's one thing when they can't see far enough down the road, but a good chunk of my route, visibility is fine. 

Some of these people seem to think they can't leave their lane.  They stay planted right in the center of it.  And I don't mean to sound sexist, but it is usually women.  And usually old women.

When I'm driving and pass a pedestrian, I'm half way or more into the other lane to give them lots of room. I'd feel real bad if I hit somebody because they fell out in front of me or something. Moving over is just the right thing to do and will save both of us a lot of potential grief!

My hats off to those that do give me a ton of room.  And the drivers that slow way down when passing me because they can't see far enough, or a vehicle is approaching them, that too is much appreciated.  Thanks!

Now, if all the rest would get a clue...

No comments:

Post a Comment